4 days of creative, textile-themed exhibitions, events and workshop and the International seminar MED creativity for inclusive innovation
Next October 18th Vestino 2018 edition will rule Palermo scene for 4 days until Monday 22th. An original widespread celebration of CreativeWear Palermo Hub community and its values born from the working group made up of artists, artisans and researchers. #Vestino 2018 will take place in many different ways that have been co-designed with artists and designers along with shops and industries.
#Vestino 2018 is realized thanks to the #CreativeWear project with the financial contribution of the European Union Interreg MED Program and with the free patronage of the Municipality of Palermo and Palermo Capital of Culture 2018.
Exhibitions, workshops, seminars and art and video installations will celebrate creativity and T&C sector together including:
- Co-working spaces and collective workshops with exhibitions and contributions from the creative communities of CreativeWear Project partners in Valencia, Ljubljana, Athens and Prato.
- Art works exhibition and video installations at Cinema DE SETA, Ridotto room at Cantieri Culturali alla Zisa venue
- Art works exhibition and video installations coordinated by Dimora OZ artists cooperative
- Textile and clothing exhibition by Alab Palermo Lab Net (clothing, haberdashery, fabric shops, etc.) with creations and collections realized by Palermo artists and designers.
- Installation of sartorial creations inspired by "Sicilianità (Sicilian values, life and mood)" theme in collaboration with ALAB Laboratories
- The official presentation of new Creativewear Hubs: THE IDENTITY HUB, Bari (Italy), coordinated by Inmatex - Polytechnic University of Bari www.inmatex.ii THE SKILLS HUB, Thessaloniki (Greece) coordinated by Seepe Hellenic Fashion Industry Association, www.greekfashion.gr THE FASHION & DESIGN HUB Igualada (Spain) coordinated by Fitex. Foundation for the Textile Innovation, www.fitex.es
- Opening, workshops and seminars at CRE.ZI. PLUS, which will be the core point of Vestino 2018 event
On October 19th, within Vestino 2018 festival, it will take place the International seminar MED creativity for inclusive innovation. This #TALIA international seminar brings together the 11 Interreg MED projets of the Social&Creative Community to share insights on the contribution of creativity to the sustainable development of the MED space, towards an emergent vision of inclusive innovation. The role of different approaches will be explored and the potentials for cross-fertilisation identified.
The morning session will be open to the public, with presentations of the Socila&Creative Community Vision and each of the on-going projects, and ample space for discussion. The afternoon will be a closed-door co-creation session, in which the representatives of the diffferent projects will interactively define their common ground and identify how the Social&Creative Community can support them in building together the share vision for a new form of inclusive innovation in the Mediterranean.